Guidelines for publishing data from the OncoSim model
OncoSim users can use the model-generated information for not-for-profit purposes. This permission includes the reporting of derived (internal and/or external) results based on information directly generated from the model.
When publishing or presenting results that include OncoSim analyses, use the following notification process and acknowledgement wording:
- The user must notify the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC) of any intended reporting of data derived from the use of OncoSim, 30 calendar days prior to submitting a manuscript or abstract intended for publication or presentation. Please notify the Partnership at least five working days prior to a media release.
- Notify CPAC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Forward a copy of the draft publication or presentation when it is prepared.
- Agree to acknowledge CPAC with the following statement in any publication or press release:
- “This analysis is based on the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer’s OncoSim model. The development of the OncoSim model has been made possible by funding provided to the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer by Health Canada. The assumptions and calculations underlying the simulation results were prepared by “The Organization” and the responsibility for the use and interpretation of these data and their reporting is entirely that of the author(s)”.
- (Note that “The Organization” must be replaced with the user’s organization name, as appropriate.)