Improving quality of care has become a strategic focus of many cancer organizations across Canada and worldwide. To address the need for improving the quality and consistency of care, the Partnership has committed to various initiatives in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The quality initiatives team works closely with our partners to ensure successful completion of our project goals to enhance the quality of cancer diagnosis and treatment for patients across Canada.
Specifically, some of the Partnership’s quality initiatives for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer include:
- Diffusing various existing quality programs multi-jurisdictionally
- Ensuring delivery of quality radiotherapy through the Canadian Partnership for Quality Radiotherapy (CPQR)
- Promoting quality assurance in interpretive pathology through the Quality Initiative in Interpretive Pathology (QIIP)
- Evaluating access and quality of cancer surgery through a discussion paper on the approach to high-risk, resource-intense cancer surgery in Canada
- Identifying low-value cancer practices though the Choosing Wisely Canada® – cancer initiative
SHARE WITH US!
Please let us know if you have:
- Resources to share
- Questions or would like further information
- A multi-jurisdictional quality initiative idea